Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Volcano Reflection

O.K. Before I even start writing this reflexction I need to tell something. When I answer the questions you will see taht I have Answer 1 and Answer 2. Answer 1 was for my first presentationa nd Answer 2 was for the second time that I presented the same thing. Also if you see any spelling mistakes blame the computer not me, because this computer doesnt have spell check! Hope you enjoy my presentation!

This unit was all about picking a volcano and researching it. We had and option of working in partners or alone. I choose to work with a partner. My partner was Alek. We choose to study Mount Vesuvius and the city Pompeii, which was buried by its huge eruption in 79 A.D. We found lots of interesting facts about the city Pomeii, and mOnu Vesuvius. There was also lots of information about the erouption, but one thing that I noticed there wasnt much information was who descovered the city Pomeii. I searched lots of websites, one of them was Answers.com and it did not have an answer! When I searched even more on 3 other websites I found 3 same answers. It basiclyl said, A group of workers descovered it by exident. Thts was all. No name or anyhting!
Quiding Question- How does the volcano, in this case Mount Vesuvius affect people that live arounf it?
Questions that we need to answer-
1. How you think you did on your presentation?
Answer 1- I think for the first time it went really bed, all because we were not ready. Alek for example was reading clearly, but I personally had problems with reading everything. I have those problems, partly because I was shy, and also because I admitt I didnt prepare myself.
Answer 2-
2. What was missing in your presentation?
Answer 1- I think that was missing is actually adding that voice, and looking at the audienc, not justr eading off the computer. I also could talk about the video that we watched, and tell them something about it.
Answer 2-
3. What grade do you think you deserve and why?
Answer 1- If I were to garde myself know I would give myself a 1 out of 6. I would give myself this garde because, I didnt look at the audience, I read of the computer, I didnt speak loud and clear, I didnt explain what was yhappening in the video, and I was mumbling instead of speaking like a normal person.
Answer 2-
4.  What did you learned about volcanoes and how they affect people who
leave around them?
Answer 1- I learned that people that live next to a volcano can benefit form it. There are also bed sides of it. The bed side is this. When there is an erouption the people that live there, will get shocked by the smoke, or with be burried with lave. The good sides are these. People coem to see the volcano a lot in other words there is a lot of tourism. People can benefit from that, becasue they can give the visitors confort and take care of them.
Answer 2-
5. How do volcanoes affect the world?
Answer 1- Volcanoes have changed the world and they still do. When a volcano erouts or explodes it lets uot hot steam, lava and lots of ash. The ash unables people to see the shy, covers the sun and also we cant use airplanes to fly around the world. BUT, there are also good sides of a volcano erputing. When a volcano eroupts there is a big chance of a rainforest growing on the hard lava. Hard lava has very good posibillites of growing plants on it.
Answer 2-

Conclusion-
I think taht this unit was one of the funest one swe had. I promise myself that next time IF we do this again I will try and do it by myself. I have never worked alone before. I ma sure that it cant be that hard. If I try I will see. I especially liked taht Ms. M let us pick which volcano and topic we wills tudy. Choosin g Pomeii and Mount Vesuvius, was a good idea becasue I have seen Pompeii and I have been standing on Moutn Vesuvius, just last year! I think that this was a very interesting project and I hope to do it again! Soon!

This are soem pictures of Mount Vesuvius and Pompeii!

This is a picture of Mont Vesuvius eropting and the city Pomepii benith.










This is a picture of the burried and killed people who were trying to pretect themselfs from dieing. P.S. They didnt survive.

This picture was taken latter when the camaras where still without color, but it is showing Mount Vesuvius!















This is a picture of Mount Vesuvius and the unburried city of Pomeii after the explosion!

1 comment:

  1. Very good reflection, you will have a chance to present again on Monday.

    ReplyDelete